Thursday, July 19, 2007

Quiz #36 - Grinderman "No Pussy Blues"

Sooo... I expect you to recognize this weird fellow without much hassle. If needed, remove the sideburns :))

UPDATED:

After the epic proportions of "Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus" double-disc in which Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds laid out two sides of the songwriter's melodic and ambitious look at both rock & roll and balladry, Grinderman sounds like a wild, nasty, wooly rock & roll monolith who simply need to let it rip and then see what happens. Along with Warren Ellis, Martyn P. Casey and Jim Sclavunos (right, 3/7 of the Bad Seeds),Cave and company turn in a squalling, raucous, twist-and-turn garage band set that takes on all comers.


[source]

"My face is finished, my body's gone.
And I can't help but think standin' up here
in all this applause
and gazin' down at all the young and the beautiful.
With their questioning eyes.
That I must above all things love myself."




Grinderman "No Pussy Blues"
Album "Grinderman" - 2007















No comments: