Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Quiz #22 - Slaughter "Shout it out"

If you were 14 years old AND a girl back in 1991, you're home free. If not, maybe you recognize the movie and you track down the band and the song :)

Ask your friends, better yet, ask your ex-girlfriends, you have til next Tuesday (July the 10th).

UPDATED:

Former Vinnie Vincent Invasion members Mark Slaughter and bassist Dana Strum formed Slaughter with guitarist Tim Kelly and drummer Blas Elias in 1988 in an attempt to cross over to pop audiences. Their metal style's main focus is on catchy melodies and Mark Slaughter's impressive vocal range, particularly his somewhat nasal falsetto. Their first two studio albums sold quite well until their style fell out of favor with the alternative explosion.


[source]

As for the movie, it appears "Bill and Ted Bogus Journey" was quite popular. I personally never saw it, but apparently it was quite a hit with others :))



Slaughter "Shout it out"
Album "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey: Music from the Motion Picture" - 1991























6 comments:

Frank & sisters said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
I'll publish on my blog!.
Thanks Frank
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Joeri said...

I liked this movie quite a bit :) so I knew who the make-up'd dude and the 2 "youngers" were supposed to be :) That made it quite easy: via google, a redirect to Amazon and voila: 8 reviews spelling out the soundtrack: Slaughter - Shout it out

I can't even remember how the song goes, but then again: I was SO underground it was useless to look up and see what normal people enjoyed: I would have hated it for that, even if it was by a band like Suffocation (which had their second CD out in that same year: with the most AWESOME blast beats we had ever heard: Mike Smith RULES!!!)

Joeri said...

look at what I found, hun: http://www.petitiononline.com/BBTB2002/petition.html
The bring back MTV headbanger's ball petition! You should feature it perhaps ;)

Tina said...

"Hun"?!

I know only one Hun, and that was Attila :))

objectValues said...

I saw the movie a long time ago :)

So I guess is Slaughter - Shout It Out

Joeri said...

well it wasn't meant to be published like this: I thought more of a side link somewhere...