Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Lack of enthusiasm

Or maybe lack of money... or maybe one triggers the other, and so on.

I wanted to go to



and it actually seemed like a good idea. Then not being paid for 3 months, I found it a bit silly to pay so much money to see a lot of bands I had nothing in common with.

I wanted to see Kasabian, but I only kicked myself in the butt and attended the very last day. I figured Alice Cooper deserves a bit of an effort, after all the good times he provided us with in highschool. Like so many others, I wanted to see him perform the hits *I* grew up with, especially that there are so many good tracks on "Trash"/"Stoopid"/"Brutal Planet".

Although a totally different thing than what I wanted, Alice Cooper's show was a professional display of a long and successful career. He had a story, he had the stage and he had the twist - which I'm sure everyone knows.

But, after an hour of crappy hip hop [and here I'd just like to put a bullet into the smartass who thought Wu Tang Clan had any business opening for Alice Coper or Marilyn Manson] I wanted something to take the pain away. Ok, I got a show, but I didn't get the fun.



Although not my first option for the night, I actually turned to Manson to "save" us all from boredom... I was growling "bring the freak" but the freak failed to create any atmosphere whatsoever. He didn't communicate with the crowd, and he wasn't in the mood to "work" with the audience. He had some tracks that could have unleashed the energy of those people, but he did not exploit the situation. I actually saw people yawning...



And nobody even tried to get an "encore", which is lamer than lame...

No comments: