Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Quiz #129 - Primus "Jerry was a race car driver"

All I remember about this video is that it used to piss me off big time. I could never understand these guys' music and to me it was just some sort of noise. Really I was amazed they were getting so much airplay. But, judgind by the full house and the tremendous fun the crowd was having... maybe I was wrong.

Nah... :))

Anyway, you only have til next week - Tuesday (19) to guess who they are.

UPDATED:

Primus is all about Les Claypool; there isn't a moment on any of their records where his bass isn't the main focal point of the music, with his vocals acting as a bizarre side-show. Their music is willfully weird and experimental, yet it's not alienating; the band was able to turn their goofy weirdness into pop stardom. At first, the band was strictly an underground phenomenon, but in the years between their third and fourth albums, their cult grew rapidly.

[source]



Primus "Jerry was a race car driver"
Album "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" - 1991










3 comments:

GC said...

Never understood it much either, but they're still going strong I think.

It's Primus. Can't pick the song but I'll take a guess at John the Fisherman

Dr_Rock said...

Am I too late to join the party? I came across your blog from some videos on Stage6 - my kind of music.

Anyway, I think it's Primus, and Jerry Was A Race Car Driver.

I didn't get them either :-)

Joeri said...

Primus - Jerry Was A Race Car Driver

They also did the South park title song