Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Quiz #65 - Evanescence "Lithium"

Nirvana has a song with the same name...

UPDATED:

The goth-inspired Arkansas rock band Evanescence, with its "Linkin Park-meets-Tori Amos" sound backed by chugging guitars, easily made it to the top of the charts in 2003 with its Wind-Up Entertainment debut album, "Fallen". Singer/pianist Amy Lee and guitarist/songwriter Ben Moody formed the band at the end of the '90s after meeting in their early teens during a "youth camp," Moody said in a statement. "I heard Amy playing Meat Loaf's 'I'd Do Anything for Love' at the piano. So I went over to meet her, and she started singing for me. I was pretty much blown away, so I suckered her into joining a band with me."

The soundtrack to the 2003 Ben Affleck action movie "Daredevil" brought success to Evanescence; the begging "Bring Me to Life", which appeared on the soundtrack along with the ballad "My Immortal", became a hit.

"The Open Door", finally appeared in early October 2006. Spearheaded by the single "Call Me When You're Sober", the album displayed a broader emotional range amid the band's evolving sound. Evanescence played several intimate theater dates immediately following the record's release before moving on to larger arena shows.


[source]



Evanescence "Lithium"
Album "The Open Door" - 2007











4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Evanescence - Lithium

Adorian said...

Lithium :)

objectValues said...

easy one :)

Evanescence - Lithium

Jo Ilie said...

Evanescence, Lithium